• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squatter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bricrys

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am buying a house from my grandparents, but currently my uncle is living in the house. My grandparents told him he has 30 days to get out, he is already trying hard to make excuses why he can't leave. He does not pay a dime to them or for anything. Utilies, property taxes, association fees, etc. are all paid for by my grandparents, so basically to me he is a squatter. I would really like my house so how can we get him out soon?

JETX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am buying a house from my grandparents, but currently my uncle is living in the house. My grandparents told him he has 30 days to get out, he is already trying hard to make excuses why he can't leave. He does not pay a dime to them or for anything. Utilies, property taxes, association fees, etc. are all paid for by my grandparents, so basically to me he is a squatter. I would really like my house so how can we get him out soon?
The OWNER of the property has to start formal eviction procedures, as required by your state, to get him out of the property. This includes a WRITTEN notice to terminate and if he fails to move, then formal eviction (unlawful detainer) action in court.
California Tenants - California Department of Consumer Affairs

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">