• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

squatters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleghenydhs2

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. I rent a house to my daughter. She let a mother/father/daughter come to stay with her for a ? few days because they were homeless. I told her not to bring them there. That was in March. Now they refuse to leave and they pay nothing. I called the police to have them put out but they produced a letter mailed to them at that address. The police told me I cannot even go there...even though I own the building, I objected to them coming there (it was done behind my back), they have no lease or agreement of any kind. Not only that, my daughter had a falling out with them and is staying at my house. The police threatened to arrest ME! I am hysterical about this issue since I am not getting any money from my daughter and I am paying for everything there....it's all in my name. Don't I have any rights???????

BelizeBreeze

alleghenydhs2 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. I rent a house to my daughter. She let a mother/father/daughter come to stay with her for a ? few days because they were homeless. I told her not to bring them there. That was in March. Now they refuse to leave and they pay nothing. I called the police to have them put out but they produced a letter mailed to them at that address. The police told me I cannot even go there...even though I own the building, I objected to them coming there (it was done behind my back), they have no lease or agreement of any kind. Not only that, my daughter had a falling out with them and is staying at my house. The police threatened to arrest ME! I am hysterical about this issue since I am not getting any money from my daughter and I am paying for everything there....it's all in my name. Don't I have any rights???????
Yes, you can evict them according to your state's landlord/tenant laws.

alleghenydhs2

No, I blame myself for this mess**************first for buying the house and then for letting my kid live there. Well, here I go again, spending money I don't have to correct this problem. I am on my way to the majestrates office as soon as I get off this computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">