• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

squatters rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplebeach69

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My husband has lived in a house that his mother owns for over 20 years, he has never had to pay rent. After we married I moved into the house and have never paid rent and have not been asked. We received a letter in the mail from an attorney telling us we have 10 days to move out or there will be legal action taken to remove us. This letter was started by my husbands sister that has become their mother power of attorney. Does he not have right to this house. He has always been told that the house was going to be his when his parents passed away. This has not been put into their will. Their dad has already passed away and the mother has alzehiemer's.

Thanks,
PurplebeachWhat is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">