• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squatters Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B W

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have a roommate who brought someone to stay with us for two weeks. His stay was extended until the end of May. He recently got aggressive and was not following simple guidelines (i.e., turn off the lights, close/lock the back door behind you, pick up after yourself, respect the neighbors by keeping quiet outside after dark, etc), and the tension mounted to a heated confrontation. He is no longer living in the house. Can he take legal action against the homeowner?

HomeGuru

B W said:

I have a roommate who brought someone to stay with us for two weeks. His stay was extended until the end of May. He recently got aggressive and was not following simple guidelines (i.e., turn off the lights, close/lock the back door behind you, pick up after yourself, respect the neighbors by keeping quiet outside after dark, etc), and the tension mounted to a heated confrontation. He is no longer living in the house. Can he take legal action against the homeowner?

**A: legal action for what? Explain.

BelizeBreeze

B W said:

legal action
for what?

B W

He was kicked out.

He cornered one of the roommates and started getting physically agressive - which led to him being kicked out

B W

Well, now that he's gone, the house is much calmer. I am just wondering if he can take legal action against the homeowner for being kicked out without notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">