• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Squatter's Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DK Taylor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Viginia

My great grand parents purchased a piece of property in 1942. When they past away they didn't leave a will. My grand mother began to take care of property and pay the taxes. When she past in 1975, my father started to take care of the property and taxes. In 1995 my father and I went down to the city court to have the property taxes (paper work) put in my name. So for over 30 years my father and I have been taking care of the property. My father past in 2005. Do I have any legal rights to the property? Or because my great grand parents didn't leave a will, it is still considered heir property.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">