• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Storage shed rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessica81301

Florida. Over a year ago my boyfriend moved out from my mothers house where he and I were living. He left his storage shed on the landlords property stating the shed was mine that way the landlord would allow it to stay on the property. He has only made about 6 lot rent payments for the storage of the shed. The landlord wants it gone and so do we. Do we have the right to sell the shed and pay the past lot rent owed without him suing us in return because the shed is technically his bug on our property? Please help. This man already owes us over 5000 plus his pay storage fees.

FlyingRon

Umm... I'm confused.

Is mom the landlord?

Who is "we" in the "We want it gone."

Most likely the shed is now a fixture of the land and belongs to the landlord. The question is probably only the right to store stuff and what to do with the contents.

What agreement was there to "lease the lot" that it stands on.

What is this $5000? What storage fees?

Jessica81301

The we is my mother and I. We own our house but pay a yearly lot rent to the property owner. Like an association. When my boyfriend and I split up the landlord who owns the property and who has a storage facility where the shed is placed cost 28 dollars a month storage fees. Oh which the ex has not paid but possibly 3 payments on since last July when he moved out. Upon his departure because he did not have money to move the shed. He lied to the landlord and told her he gave the shed to me so that he didn't have to move it right awa because he did not have money to move it. Since the agreement was that the shed was now mine it is tied to my homeowners lease with the landlord and all past payments that haven't been made are eyeing tacked onto my rent payments. So I want to know if legally I can now sell the shed to recoup these fees as well is remove it from my responsibility. The 5000 dollars is past money he already owes to me. Hope that helps.

Just Blue

Florida. Over a year ago my boyfriend moved out from my mothers house where he and I were living. He left his storage shed on the landlords property stating the shed was mine that way the landlord would allow it to stay on the property. He has only made about 6 lot rent payments for the storage of the shed. The landlord wants it gone and so do we. Do we have the right to sell the shed and pay the past lot rent owed without him suing us in return because the shed is technically his bug on our property? Please help. This man already owes us over 5000 plus his pay storage fees.
p4p;)

Just Blue

the we is my mother and i. We own our house but pay a yearly lot rent to the property owner. Like an association. When my boyfriend and i split up the landlord who owns the property and who has a storage facility where the shed is placed cost 28 dollars a month storage fees. Oh which the ex has not paid but possibly 3 payments on since last july when he moved out. Upon his departure because he did not have money to move the shed. He lied to the landlord and told her he gave the shed to me so that he didn't have to move it right awa because he did not have money to move it. Since the agreement was that the shed was now mine it is tied to my homeowners lease with the landlord and all past payments that haven't been made are eyeing tacked onto my rent payments. So i want to know if legally i can now sell the shed to recoup these fees as well is remove it from my responsibility. The 5000 dollars is past money he already owes to me. Hope that helps.
q4p

Jessica81301

It is 6 payments the three was a typo.. I'm in no way shape or form trying to screw my ex thanks for assuming. I'm trying to make sure legally I have the rights to remove a shed that is attached to my lease of which I am financially responsible for. If your going to assume something why not assume that there's a 47 year old man that isn't taking care of his financial responsibilities yet pawning them off on others.

FarmerJ

Have you sent to him a notice on actual paper via certified mail telling him , your not going to continue to pay extra rent for his shed and that ` this is your notice that this shed will be treated as abandoned property if it is not removed with in ( say 30 days ???) If you dont have his current address then his last known address will work , and if the letter comes back to you then do not re open it, you want it left in orig sealed condition in case you must offer it to a court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">