• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons for interogatory "dismissed, no funds'

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BearmeatVA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

A odd story. I made a request for interrogatories. I sent written questions plus a summary form to complete. Court day arrives. It begins with the defendant tennats approaching the podium loudly claiming I had hacked the DMV mainframe. The judge asks out to go outside to share answers. As defendant is exiting the court room, he shouts there has to be a trustee he will only give the information to a trustee. The judge had to have heard this. I go outside. Defendant repeats the statements and walks away. I go back inside. Judge asks what happened. I state the above. He asks if I want them arrested. I say yes. Judge asks bailiff to go outside and look for defendant. Defendant comes inside. Judge asks why he walked away. Defendant states he is waiting for his attorney. Judge asks why defendant did not say he had an attorney earlier. We wait for the attorney. The attorney comes in and says he is not the defendants attorney in this case, bankruptcy papers have not been filed, and notes there is no trustee. Judge asks us to go back outside and exchange information. Defendant will not give me the written response. I go back inside, with defendant following me saying I am "purjurying" my self. I told the judge defendant said he had no assets and did not give me the response. Defendant states I am not an attorney but he will give the information to the judge. The judge looks at the information and dismisses defendant. Judge then passes the response to me. It is only the summary sheet. The written questions were not included. I try to note this to the judge by he was not having that. I had the clerk take my note to the judge indicating there were other questions, proved income on the summary sheet was not listed, and evidence although hearsay likely that there were other assets. The clerk said the judge read my message but did not change his mind. The official record says this was "dismissed, no funds." what does that mean? Am I precluded from pursuing any garnishments? I thought about trying to file an appeal from district court to circuit court by this seems so odd I am not sure I could appeal? Honestly, I am not making the above up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">