• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ten days notice to cure/ten days notice of termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

M.K. Igoe

i live in the borough of Queens, NYC. landlord maintains that neighbors have complained that my dog has been barking at all hours of the day and night. I have had the dog since the summer of 1983, with full knowledge of the landlord. The accusations are absurd, but i need some guidance on how to proceed. Further, I have numerous complaints against the landlord, served on them by the department of housing and preservation. the landlord has failed to rectify very serious ceiling and wall damage within my apartment. this has been going on for three years...i have lived in my apartment since 1978, rent stabilized, low rent...please advise if perhaps it is time to hire a lawyer or if i should take my chances with the system. i don't like the sound of the the phrase commence summary proceedings. i have looked it up.....

appreciate any help on the above...

D

djdj

Well YES its time to hire a lawyer, after all your rent is probably $300-500 or maybe $1000 a month less then market rates anyway and you should have saved up plenty of money over the past 22 years to pay a lawyer to save you from being evicted.

Its the market, he knows that some tenants are BROKE even if they pay only $400 a month in rent.....so a little push and some just move out...no kidding.

So get ready for a long fight...but hey if you got tens of thousands saved up over the last 22 years, why not try and HUSTLE the landlord to pay you a big chunk of cash to move then buy a place?

who are the LL lawyers, maybe i know if they are scumbags.

[Edited by djdj on 01-18-2001 at 05:45 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">