• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

efole

I own a SFR in Florida. I have a tenant that has not paid this months rent. I gave the 3 day notice on a Thursday. Today is Wednesday and I found out that the water and electricity is turned off for non payment. In Florida, the tenant has to be gone 1/2 of the rental term ( 2 weeks) for it to be abandonment. My question is ... is no electricity and no water considered abandonment. I rented to a young couple, He is now in Jail. They have very little furniture in the house, a lot of clothes, and crap all over ( its a mess). Every time I go over, no one is home , they never turned on the phone.

Cvillecpm

Under general abandonment rules - no utilities is considered as abandonment. Re-take possession and re-rent ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">