• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bitchywitch2

i LIVE IN A HOUSE IN SAN DIEGO CA WHERE THE LANDLORD TOLD MY ROOMATE THAT HE HAD 10 DAYS BEFORE HE BOARDED THE HOUSE UP OCCUPIED OR NOT!! HIS REASON IS BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE NOT ON THE LEASE HERE THREE DAYS AGO HE SHOWED UP AND TRIED TO PULL A GUEST OUT OF THE HOUSE BY HER ARM! LATER THAT NIGHT HE SAID THAT WE COULD CONSIDER OURSELVES EVICTED AND THAT ON THE 1ST HE WAS "BOARDING THE PLACE UP. HE EVEN WENT TO MY ROOMATES JOB TO REMIND HIM. WHEN HE WAS ASKED DOESNT HE HAVE TO GIVE 30 DAYS NOTICE HE SAID NOT WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT ARENT ON THE LEASE OCCUPYING THE HOUSE. WHAT CAN WE DO IF HE SHOWS UP AND TRYS TO BOARD THE HOUSE UP? CAN WE STOP HIM FROM BADGERING US?? IF SO HOW? HELP!!

D

DRUSS1964

you have rights he can not board it up if he tries the first thing you do is call the police
you can not be locked out without a court order period
even if there are people not on the lease he still needs to go through the court to evict you
go to the library and ask to see the tenants rights book it is for reference only so you can not check it out
or go to a book store and ask for tenants rights book by nolo press it is between 20 an 30 dollars but well worth the money
if the landlord shows up and enters the property with out proper notice he is tresspassing have him arrested file charges if he locks you out get a lawyer and sue him

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">