• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant bothered other tenants, management denied it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janepabst

I and I've found out other tenants have been awakened in the eveing many times in the last 6 months. I have written letters to the leasing office, the other tenants, written the on premises a letter and a map because he could not find the sources of the noise. Can we sue the management? I filed a complaint with the Houston Apartment Ass. and they told me to go to small claims court. The management has never acknowledged that there was a problem. They just think it will disappear and they don't consider that they have not protected the tenants rights. What is the best course of action? Thanks

FarmerJ

Do speak with the others who had been woke up and try to determine the source of the noise .Without determining where the noise is comming from your landlord may not even have a clue as to where to begin to try to find it ( laundry machine noise ? vacuum noise ? monster loud garbage disposal ? car noise , loud truck, some one slamming a door ? a property near you like a business or resturaunt ? or Broomhazel comming in after the bar closes ?

J

janepabst

tenant was causing noise

I found out which tenant was causing the noise and that other tenants had complained. I lept telling the manage,emt it was comimg from the apt. above minne.They couldn't figure out wghich apr it was. (sounds incomprehensible doesn't it? all they wanted to do was ignore the problem, try to ask like I was wrong, or scream at me for trying to do something about it. The other tenants love me now!

J

janepabst

tenant was causing noise

I found out which tenant was causing the noise and that other tenants had complained. I kept telling the manageemt it was comimg from the apt. above minne.They couldn't figure out which apt it was. (sounds incomprehensible doesn't it?) all they wanted to do was ignore the problem, try to act like I was wrong, or scream at me for trying to do something about it. The other tenants love me now!

FarmerJ

Now you know the source so start calling the police after 10 pm when it happens again and get report /file numbers for your future referance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">