• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant caused water damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpyL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Md

I went to small claims court yesterday for the topic issue (on an appeal) (my first case the judge said the tenants were not responsible for the water leak.) During the judges verdict (on the appeal) she found the tenant responsible/the cause of the water damage and awarded me the cost of the clean up but not for the repairs of the floors. I am still baffled on how my tenant is responsible for the damage but not for the repairs does anybody have any insight for me?
In our lease I allowed him to paint the bedrooms. It was also stated that in the event of any paint were to happen to get on the carpet he was to replace the carpet. I showed pictures of paint on the carpet with the tenant admitting to doin it. I did not get the repair cost of that either. Any reasons why?

She did award me all the other damages that were caused by my tenant, but not any of the court cost. Is that also normal?

Ty in advance

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Md

I went to small claims court yesterday for the topic issue (on an appeal) (my first case the judge said the tenants were not responsible for the water leak.) During the judges verdict (on the appeal) she found the tenant responsible/the cause of the water damage and awarded me the cost of the clean up but not for the repairs of the floors. I am still baffled on how my tenant is responsible for the damage but not for the repairs does anybody have any insight for me?
In our lease I allowed him to paint the bedrooms. It was also stated that in the event of any paint were to happen to get on the carpet he was to replace the carpet. I showed pictures of paint on the carpet with the tenant admitting to doin it. I did not get the repair cost of that either. Any reasons why?

She did award me all the other damages that were caused by my tenant, but not any of the court cost. Is that also normal?

Ty in advance
You need to explain further . How did the water leak occur,etc.?

limpyL

On the 2nd and notified me on the 3rd mid day. When I got there I shut the water of that led to the fridge

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">