• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

winter50

NC

My tenant moved (I live in another city) without notifying me/ he later said he had left his son to remain in the home. Tenant had rented for 15 years and son was a minor when agreement originally signed. I was notified that the home had been completely abandoned except for 10 cats who were living there. It was determined that the son had moved but was indeed keeping the cats (rental agreement has NO PETS clause) in the home. Since the rent was still being paid on time, the insurance company (standard landlord policy in force) says that the home cannot have been abandoned or vandalized. Meanwhile, the damages are so extensive due to cat urine and other negligence, that even the subflooring will have to be replaced. The home was in every sense "trashed".

1. Please lead me to other NC cases that deal with these issues
2. What forms need to be completed to initiate a law suit?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
3. What advice for a course of action can you offer?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">