What is the name of your state? IL
What action I should take now?
To simplify my story:
1. Joy signed a residential lease with me on Sept. 4, 2002, agreed to pay $1200/month rent, and security deposit $1800.
2. She paid September rent and gave me another $1200 as security deposit but asked me not to cash it. She said she would bring another check for exchange two weeks later.
3. On Sept. 18, she brought me a $1200 check to take the original check back. But, she said this $1200 was not security deposit, it was her early payment for October rent. She would pay me the security deposit when her bonus check came on Oct. 4.
4. She didn't make it on Oct. 4. She came on Oct. 21, and brought me $600 for November rent and $50 for security deposit. She said she would pay another half rent on November 20, 2002.
5. Everytime she wrote a note say what amount was rent and what amount was security deposit. We both signed the note.
So, now, she still owe me $1750 security deposit and $600 November rent. Because security deposit is due on the day we signed the contract, can I say she haven't paid November rent and still owed me $1150 security deposit?
Can I start eviction process? How to do it (eviction process)?
In the contract, I didn't put any words for late fee. Can I use some kind of formal written forms to add "late payment fee" as part of lease?
This is the first time I have my property (a townhome) rented. I really need your help.