• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant falsely represents mgmt.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

propman

Please...what do you do when a tenant falsely represents the management with notices, verbal communications, etc.?
Other residents are receiving notices regarding the exterior conditions, rubbish removal, or are being told that they are on the list to be evicted. Unless I take the time to visit all 84 tenants, one on one, they have no clue who is sending this information or why. The responsible party has revealed that he will make life miserable here and once that it accomplished, will leave. I cannot evict for non-payment, which is basically the only reason that comes close to winning in Massachusetts. Can anyone give me a clue to another avenue?

D

dj1

Well FIRST you should take a good look at yourself and ask:

What did I do to pisssss this tenant off?

Then try and correct your bad attiude towards your tenants!

If you have really been HONEST with yourself, and can find NOTHING you did was Illegal, or you are NOT a Drunk, Dope user or a REDNECK Trailer trash landlord, then you would have just cause to sue the tenant for harassment, and eviction

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">