• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there such a thing as "Excessive Late Fees"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jinx36

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania.
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as Excessive late fees? Or can a landlord charge any amount they want? I just realized that after my post from the other day about over payment of rent, that she is also demanding late fees of 5.00 a day added to the rent that I have already paid and have proof from the bank! She made the comment about making this an all adult community, and I have 4 kids, I wonder if that is why she is trying so hard? :eek:

HomeGuru

Jinx36 said:
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as Excessive late fees? Or can a landlord charge any amount they want? I just realized that after my post from the other day about over payment of rent, that she is also demanding late fees of 5.00 a day added to the rent that I have already paid and have proof from the bank! She made the comment about making this an all adult community, and I have 4 kids, I wonder if that is why she is trying so hard? :eek:

**A: what does your written lease state with respect to late fees?

SNLVBIRD

5$ a day is MUCH better then mine- i pay 50 for the first two days, and then 30$ each additional day..and i haven't gotten much help here, otherwise...just pay it- and don't be late..

south

Best way not to pay late fee...Pay your rent on time then it will not be an issue..

P.S $5 is a bargain, rent fees should be enough to hurt so as to prevent further rent paid late.

Jinx36 said:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">