• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thermostat control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adam f

Recently my landlord who lives above me, broke the thermostat in my apartment and has not fixed it. Since then I have suffered many a cold day and night due to the Albany, NY winter.

He made an attempt to fix it by re-routing the wires to his thermostat in his apartment (which would give him total control over the heat in both apartments). However, I have not felt any warmth from the radiators yet. Mind you this has stretched over the span of almost 2 weeks.

Is there any legal way I can make him repair the thermostat so I can regain control of the heat in my apartment?

It should be noted that I do not use the heat excessively; only what a typical place should be heated at: 67-69 degrees.

It should also be noted that all necessary preparations for the cold weather have been done - storm windows in place, doors closed except for normal traffic in and out of the apartment, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">