• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Today, received Request to Set Case for Trial - UD: It's mis-dated + other "errors"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frankh

Today, received Request to Set Case for Trial - UD: It's mis-dated + other "errors"?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,

In Los Angeles, I am a defendant in an unlawful detainer action. On March 31, 2012, I received a Request to Set Case for Trial, which plaintiff had mailed.

1. On page one (Request to Set Case for Trial): above the printed name and signature of the landlord, the landlord dated it by specifying an appropriate month and day. However, the year indicated is "2011". Is that permitted?

2. On page two (Proof of Service):

a. The person who served put only an "x" where it reads, "My residence or business address is (specify)"
b. That person indicated did not specify the day of the month he mailed it. Where the form reads, "Date mailed:", the person typed "03/ / 2011". Is that permitted?

3. Also, the person who served did sign my copy of the proof of service, obviously before he even mailed it.

---

Could I request to vacate any resultant trial date, a demurrer or motion to strike that service of process based upon any or all of these grounds?

Thank you,

Frankh

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">