• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tort law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lauras2u

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Illinois statutes about landlord tenant laws seem fairly incomplete.

I am not a lawyer but is tort laws the ones that come abuot by rulings in courts? I was just searching online for tort law in illinois...is there a good online sight to look at this or will I have to go to the library and ask for a interliberary loan?

ecmst12

Tort law is the general category of law involving liability and who owes what to who after one party causes another to suffer damages.

Case law is what comes about from court rulings, and is present in ALL areas of law. If you are going to search for case law, you have to take care that the cases you find are relevent and binding in YOUR specific state and county.

lauras2u

doh thats right i should have known that....it has been many many years since i looked it up in the library...at the time i had the law library at University of Illinois to use :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">