• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trash cans so far way...is that ok??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soccidas

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I don't have access to the backyard of my building as my apartment is in the front of the house. I had to take my trash out by going out the front of the house and down two houses to make my way through a small alley between the houses to get to the back. The other day when I went to take my trash out I discovered a tall gate blocking my way to the alleyway. It was my one and only route to the back of the house. I am one of three apartments, the house sits in the middle of a very large block. To take my trash out I had to put it in my car and drive around the block to the back of the house. I don't believe I should have to do this, am I right? Should the landlord be responsible in some way for providing easy access to the trash cans?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">