• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Eviction Procedure???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gntlman421

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I would like to know, if it is worth my time pursing an eviction that I had a few months back while I lived in NC. Supposedly the paper's where served by sheriff, I had my neighbor's watching my apartment everyday. I had already moved to TX. I recieved a writ from Halifax County Sheriff to my forwarded address, 3 days after the court summons was. Since I was not able to appear at the summons due to the the time period I recieve the writ in the mail, can I still appeal this eviction process????

Thanks,

gntlman421

Cvillecpm

Why didn't you let your landlord KNOW where you were and why were neighbors watching your apt?

It would be VERY COSTLY and require an attorney to overturn your eviction...you would be better served to pay the money in the eviction and have a SATISFACTION filed in court so that you would have PROOF you paid the eviction off.

aabbcc

Supposedly the paper's where served by sheriff, I had my neighbor's watching my apartment everyday. I had already moved to TX
It's hard to believe your neighbors would watch a vacant apartment continuously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">