• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair lease violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ashley2k86

I am sorry I know I just posted.
At the beginning of last winter my landlord changed all the screen doors in the building to storm windows. Well two days ago I got a letter in the mail from my landlord telling me that I had violated my lease by not paying them $4.75 that I owed them for "additional charges" When I called to find out what was going on (I hadn't been notified that I owed them money for anything in the first place) she told me that when they took out the screen door there was a slit in the very edge of the screen in the door. Now to begin with My screen door was NOT broken and I made the big mistake of arguing with her because I know it wasn't broken. Now, my biggest concern is that I recieved a letter telling me I had violated my lease by not paying that amount to date, and that two business days later they were going to take legal action. I was never notified I owed them money before the lease violation. I gave them the five dollars cause it was five dollars, but can I legally have her take the lease violation off my tenant record, being as that was the first I had heard about oweing any money??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">