• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsafe conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariep977@gmail

I signed a lease for an apartment on August 10th 2016. I have not been able to move into the apartment at all. I paid 1200$ to move in which includes a security deposit of 630$ and first month's rent of $570. The Windows are broken out in the basement and the furnace doesn't work at all. I've contacted the management office with the list of things to fix and three weeks later it's still not repaired. What can I do to get out of the lease agreement?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I signed a lease for an apartment on August 10th 2016. I have not been able to move into the apartment at all. I paid 1200$ to move in which includes a security deposit of 630$ and first month's rent of $570. The Windows are broken out in the basement and the furnace doesn't work at all. I've contacted the management office with the list of things to fix and three weeks later it's still not repaired. What can I do to get out of the lease agreement?
In what state are you located? that matters.

STEPHAN

Why did you ignore the question about your state?

Why do you need the furnace right now?

Did you notify the LL in writing (certified mail, return receipt)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">