• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle stolen from security garage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mygilgan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hello,
Just wondering if my landlord has any liablity for my car being stolen from an apartment complex that is supposed to be secure with security gates, security guards, etc? My car was stolen from behind the gates when the security guard was on duty, right around the corner. The thief had to have a remote to the garage to get out and drove right past security at 5am. Just wondering if this would be covered under the buildings insurance vs mine?
Thanks much

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hello,
Just wondering if my landlord has any liablity for my car being stolen from an apartment complex that is supposed to be secure with security gates, security guards, etc? My car was stolen from behind the gates when the security guard was on duty, right around the corner. The thief had to have a remote to the garage to get out and drove right past security at 5am. Just wondering if this would be covered under the buildings insurance vs mine?
Thanks much
This is the reason you have comp & collision. You do have comp & collision, right???:(

ecmst12

Landlord isn't liable unless he is the one that stole your car. Security features are not a guaranty against crime and certainly no reason to fail to take proper precautions or have proper insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">