• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vampiregirl1889

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

My landlord is trying to control who visits at my apartment when there is nothing in the lease stating that he can do so, as well as there is no restraining order that agrees to such. He has threaten to evict all tenants in our building if they come to visit ANY apartments located here. Is this legal, and is there anything that I can do to fight this action?

Banned_Princess

Yea you can tell the LL it is against the law to restrict your guests and if he insists on doing so he should let you out of your lease.

vampiregirl1889

i am on medical leave as well as one of my other roommates is disabled, and we cannot afford to move. we are stuck here and the visitors that he is trying to ban are family members. if we bring this up to the landlord he is going to find any excuse to evict us. any advice?

Just Blue

i am on medical leave as well as one of my other roommates is disabled, and we cannot afford to move. we are stuck here and the visitors that he is trying to ban are family members. if we bring this up to the landlord he is going to find any excuse to evict us. any advice?
The people you have visiting...Do they have a criminal history?

Banned_Princess

If you have no way to move, then you have to abide by the rules.

OR you can continue on having your family as guests and see if LL will really try to evict you over it, because he cant, not if you are on a lease, and the lease does not restrict your guests, which it really couldn't because it is against the law to do so.

Up to you.

Banned_Princess

As long as you pay your rent on time and in full each month and dont violate your lease in any way, he cannot evict you.

But dont expect to stay when your lease is up.

Banned_Princess

There definately must be. Especially for LL to tell ALL the tenents in the building they cannot have any guests or they will be evicted.

Drug and criminal problems.

vampiregirl1889

There definately must be. Especially for LL to tell ALL the tenents in the building they cannot have any guests or they will be evicted.

there are no existing criminal issues or drug problems from the visitors. the visitors are his tenants from another building.

vampiregirl1889

it is not ANY guests, it is 3 certain people that are fighting eviction as we speak due to uninhabitable conditions. LL is unhappy with said guests/ tenants due to their fighting back and being in the right.

Baranov

Learn to pick your fights. If you are not on a lease, then he can evict for no reason. If you are on a lease, then he can wait you out and not renew your lease. No landlord likes troublesome tenants recruiting other tenants into their fight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">