• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wants to rent out barn that is rented to us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MiniFoxx

What is the name of your state?Indiana

my landlord wants to rent out a pole shed that was part of our original agreement. When we first started renting it was included. Now she wants to rent it out to someone else so she can supplement her income.

The main power box is in the pole shed, so we would not have access to this. Also who ever it is rented to, she says her brother, he says his best friend, would be using the electric and the water on our bill.

The people who were here before rented the shed out to someone else and the people in the house got busted because who ever they let use it had a meth lab inside.

What grounds do I have in this issue? Can she rent this out when it was part of our agreement to begin with. We have been late with some of our rent but as of today it is current. She is claiming that she can do this because of past payment history.

Any advice would be appreciated so much. Says that we have 5 days to get our things moved out of the shed.

Thanks
MiniFoxx

HomeGuru

MiniFoxx said:
What is the name of your state?Indiana

my landlord wants to rent out a pole shed that was part of our original agreement. When we first started renting it was included. Now she wants to rent it out to someone else so she can supplement her income.

The main power box is in the pole shed, so we would not have access to this. Also who ever it is rented to, she says her brother, he says his best friend, would be using the electric and the water on our bill.

The people who were here before rented the shed out to someone else and the people in the house got busted because who ever they let use it had a meth lab inside.

What grounds do I have in this issue? Can she rent this out when it was part of our agreement to begin with. We have been late with some of our rent but as of today it is current. She is claiming that she can do this because of past payment history.

Any advice would be appreciated so much. Says that we have 5 days to get our things moved out of the shed.

Thanks
MiniFoxx
**A: if you have a written fixed term lease that includes the pole shed, then you do not have to relinquish. If you do not, then the landlord must give you proper written notice. Five days notice is not in accordance with state law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">