• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

washing machine too small

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marko

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Hi

I rent but my new apartment i transferred to has a smaller capacity washing and drying machine. My previous unit machines were larger capacity.

Do I have the legal right to demand the same or a larger capacity machines for my new apt? I have asked nicely but they were uncooperative and said this unit goes with this washing machine and these are the ones we are using in this unit. :mad:

I think if it does not do the job for my living style than it should be changed. I cannot do laundry double the time cause they want me to use a smaller capacity machines...

Do you have any past experience?
What do you think?

marko

Who's Liable?

What does your lease state? Does it state "large capacity" washer and dryer, or simply washer and dryer? If it only states washer and dryer, than the LL has fulfilled his obligation in providing a washer and dryer regardless of what size they are...

Get your head out of your ass...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The time you had the legal right to "demand" this was before you signed the lease. Of course, the LL would have had the right to refuse...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Can't hurt to ask...
but then again - if you haven't signed the lease, you could easily find yourself on the street (with the proper notice, of course) just for rocking the boat over something so petty.

Your choice I suppose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">