• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water leak caused huge water bill!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TenantQuest

What is the name of your state?Florida
I am a tenant in a rental single family home. A couple of weeks ago the lawn sprinkler system sprung a huge leak through no fault of ours. I called my LL that morning as soon as I discovered it and we had someone come out that day and fix it. The LL paid for the repair. Now I have a $451.00 water bill!!!! Is the LandLord responsible for this???? Please help, I can't afford this!!

Sam111

This has happened to me, except it wasn't the sprinkler that sprung a leak. I called the water company and told them what had happened. They took the average of what I usually pay them and wrote off the rest. :D
Hopefully the water co. in your area does the same thing in these circumstances.

Someone else may need to answer your liability question, but thought the above might help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">