• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what happens when you are evicted?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miles2020

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

What happens to you if you are evicted? Does your credit score get ruined? I've done some browsing through the ct posts but couldn't find anything pertinent to what i'm worried about. thanks.

IAAL-15

miles2020 said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut

What happens to you if you are evicted? Does your credit score get ruined? I've done some browsing through the ct posts but couldn't find anything pertinent to what i'm worried about. thanks.

My response:

For one thing, you'll get thrown out to the street. Good thing it's warming up. Also, you can forget about renting again. You're on a deadbeat list.

IAAL

Just Blue

IAAL-15 said:
My response:

For one thing, you'll get thrown out to the street. Good thing it's warming up. Also, you can forget about renting again. You're on a deadbeat list.

IAAL

Well...Guess you are right about the time frame..at this rate you will be up to a billion in a week!!

Who's Liable?

If the managment company takes you to court and gets a judgement against you for the amount owed, that will go on your credit report...

There are NO "rental reports" or anything similar to that... You can rent again, but the new place you rent may or may not want to contact your previous LL to determine what sort of tenant you are, than make their decision based on that.

miles2020

a little more info...

My landlord is just one person, not a rental company, so I don't know if this changes anything. What is this blacklist? Also, I have explained to peoplethat I'm trying to rent from that right now I'm trying to do everything I can to legally get away from her. We're roommates and she has been downright abusive toward me. I've gone to the police but I can't file a harassment claim because she has threatened my life (yet).

treese

In CT, anyone (including potential LL's) an look up evictions through the Judicial Branch website. All that is needed is a potential tenant's name or street address.

Many LL's will not rent to applicants that have been evicted, regardless of the reason.

fairlight

Unless you've gotten something from the legal system regarding your landlord, all you have is a claim that you "had" to get away from her, and that the eviction was retaliatory or otherwise unjust to present to potential landlords.

I'm assuming you have proof that you paid your rent on time and never caused any other tenants problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">