• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is unreasonably withholding consent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

usaohol

Being from Florida too, I can give you an example of a situation that constituted reasonable and you can see the kind of leverage you have.

My brother and his fiance rent a house in a nice upscale neighborhood, LL was always showing up unannounced, entering property, hanging around and such. The fiance has two teenage girls, one day LL calls, leaves msg on voice mail and states I am coming in and enters home within 3 minutes. Fiance is in shower. I do some checking call housing authority, they immediately run backround check on LL, as he seems like predator. Housing authority contacts local sherrifs office to have them advise him he must give reasonable notice. A week later brother and fiance receive letter that LL will be at home every Monday and Thursday 5:30 pm for inspection and repairs.

I personally thought this was unreasonable, but when they called the gentleman from housing authority and consumer affairs they were told as long as he gave notice he is within his rights. Needless to say they are moving.

I don't agree with paying the tenant either, you may already be losing money for the time it takes to place another tenant in and paying the tenant would just add to your losses.

I know in my lease it does state that if I choose not to rerent the home that the last 30 days I agree to allow the LL to show to prospective tenants. You might want to add that in the future.

xylene

Tenant From Hell But So?

God this tenant sounds like the most obnoxious person ever!

Like the the reason why people complain about being a landlord, JUSTIFIABLY!

But I'd be running if there was a scene like this if I was a prospective tenant.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

However in FL you have scads of prospective tenants...

So good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">