• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when does a lease/contract begin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

You Are Guilty

Hey, if you are going to write something, might as well write it correctly. For some reason, we've had a spate of "peddling" posts lately and the resident Grammar Police are out on Christmas Break.

HomeGuru

justalayman said:
iambutter said:
When does a lease actually begin? QUOTE]
Pertaining to this post...that is why it makes a diff. Concerning any other posters, could make a diff in their situation.

And actually it could make a diff in this situation if it was a future date. If it was a future date it may change his prospects of amount of liablity.

**A: what the hell are you babbling about? Read the subject question of this thread. It is "when does a lease/contract begin?"

It would give LL more time to rent apt BEFORE lease actually started. Not anything gained legally but it may stimulate him to abandon the lease now rather than just hanging on to it because he is liable for payments.

**A: stimulate him? Your brain needs stimulating.

HomeGuru

justalayman said:
I don't think I am your brother.

I don't see any backpeddling here.

And why NOT? Unless you are speaking of the fact that the lease actually does start at signature and what I was reffering to as the start of the lease is actually the performance of the lease. Now that's backpeddling :eek:

**A: the more you write, the worse you appear. Quit while you're behind or you will continue to be a behind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">