• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why am I not being PAID??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whituhknee07

In OHIO

I rented out a trailer in December. No written lease. The payments were to be 200 bi-weekly starting in January, as they paid 800 total in December. They opened an escrow account in January. All obligations of the account have been met March 11. Since going to court March 28, they are suing for 3/4 of the account money. I received the motion in the mail and replied, asking judge to dismiss. Have heard nothing since. The clerk told me last week they have been paying. Why am I not getting paid when the money in question should be from the date the account was opened through until I met the obligations that were requested?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In OHIO

I rented out a trailer in December. No written lease. The payments were to be 200 bi-weekly starting in January, as they paid 800 total in December. They opened an escrow account in January. All obligations of the account have been met March 11. Since going to court March 28, they are suing for 3/4 of the account money. I received the motion in the mail and replied, asking judge to dismiss. Have heard nothing since. The clerk told me last week they have been paying. Why am I not getting paid when the money in question should be from the date the account was opened through until I met the obligations that were requested?
If you were going to go for a term such as bi-weekly, you should have had a written lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">