• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won eviction case today (I am the tenant) now what? I'm in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newhere78

Without getting into long lengthy details about what the eviction was about I'll get right to my question.

After winning my eviction case I want to send a letter to the landlord giving him my notice to vacate. The lease does not have any (provisions?) of early termination fees or anything. It only states I must give 60 days notice.

Now if I write them a letter saying I am giving my 60 days notice I should not have to pay them a dime just the 2 months rent (60 days notice) I stay correct?
Also if the place is left exactly the way it was before I rented it I should get my full security deposit back right?

I plan on sending them the notice of vacating letter certified letter and overnight to get the clock started quick.

The whole eviction process was brutal and the landlord is a slumlord scumbag that lied throughout the whole trial about me breaching the lease. After all that stress and witnessing the lies the landlord said it's obvious he does not want me there and nor do I want to be.

I just want to get out as quick as possible and move on with my life.

Thanks in advance:)

p.s. I live in Pennsylvania

Who's Liable?

You must give PROPER notice to vacate to the LL within the allotted time frame as outlined in your states LL/T laws. You're cutting it close if your rental period is the 1st of the month!

Your SD will be refunded minus any lawful, legal deductions. Make sure to also provide a forwarding address!

Upon move out, video the entire unit for your protection.

Searchertwin

Without getting into long lengthy details about what the eviction was about I'll get right to my question.

After winning my eviction case I want to send a letter to the landlord giving him my notice to vacate. The lease does not have any (provisions?) of early termination fees or anything. It only states I must give 60 days notice.

Now if I write them a letter saying I am giving my 60 days notice I should not have to pay them a dime just the 2 months rent (60 days notice) I stay correct?
Also if the place is left exactly the way it was before I rented it I should get my full security deposit back right?

I plan on sending them the notice of vacating letter certified letter and overnight to get the clock started quick.

The whole eviction process was brutal and the landlord is a slumlord scumbag that lied throughout the whole trial about me breaching the lease. After all that stress and witnessing the lies the landlord said it's obvious he does not want me there and nor do I want to be.

I just want to get out as quick as possible and move on with my life.

Thanks in advance:)

p.s. I live in Pennsylvania
I think someone is lying a little here. If you "won" the eviction case, you would know what to do.
So let's pretend there was no case, ;), and go from there.

Even if there is no provision in the contract, you will still be liable for the amount due each month till your lease expires or you or LL find someone to take over your lease.
If you want to vacate, you need to send ccr letter to LL according to your state laws.

Your sec deposit, will be used for damages. If you leave the place like it was the day you move in, should be no problems, but I believe there will be problems. You need to know what is wear and tear and what is damages.

You need to request a walk-through and indicate things that need to be done. Of course, that will not be 100 percent, LL can find things once you move out, so taking a lot of pictures will help.
Remember what is clean to you is not clean to me.

newhere78

I think someone is lying a little here. If you "won" the eviction case, you would know what to do.
So let's pretend there was no case, ;), and go from there.

Even if there is no provision in the contract, you will still be liable for the amount due each month till your lease expires or you or LL find someone to take over your lease.
If you want to vacate, you need to send ccr letter to LL according to your state laws.

Your sec deposit, will be used for damages. If you leave the place like it was the day you move in, should be no problems, but I believe there will be problems. You need to know what is wear and tear and what is damages.

You need to request a walk-through and indicate things that need to be done. Of course, that will not be 100 percent, LL can find things once you move out, so taking a lot of pictures will help.
Remember what is clean to you is not clean to me.
Here we go...... Another armchair judge making assumptions with no knowledge of what they are talking about. I'm lying ?? What do I gain here by lying seriously am I trying to win your approval of something?

I've already won the case (in front of a real judge).

And how would I know what to do If I never been through an eviction process before?

Thanks for the FREE advice I see I got my moneys worth:rolleyes:

BL

If after the court case the LL still wants you out , either you or the LL write up an agreement to terminate the lease without any penalties if you move out by XXX Date ,and the SD will be returned upon move out.

You must at least have the LL signature on it and dated .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">