• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wont give me my deposit back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

capman

What is the name of your state? new york ,
I gave the landlord a deposit, but he never had the work done for me to move into the place, and he never gave me the deposit back.
I have spoken to him several times on the phone and he said he would return the money, and have written him to ensure he has the correct address to send the deposit back. Still no answer from him, he is also a lawyer.
What can i do?????

BL

capman said:
What is the name of your state? new york ,
I gave the landlord a deposit, but he never had the work done for me to move into the place, and he never gave me the deposit back.
I have spoken to him several times on the phone and he said he would return the money, and have written him to ensure he has the correct address to send the deposit back. Still no answer from him, he is also a lawyer.
What can i do?????
You didn't make it clear what he didn't do for you to move in ? Did you ever move in ?

If he doesn't give your deposit back within 30 days,after 30 days file in court to get your deposit back .

Also, depending on his actions or non actions, you could send him another letter of request for it's return, and state if you do not receive your deposit back within 7 days you may contact the appropriate authorities that oversee his attorney's license. That may get his attention.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">