• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong dates on lease agreement and forged renewal agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

youngsheena

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I lived in an apartment in Atlanta while attending school. The apartment requires a 60-day notice before moving out. The apartment complex misplaced the notice and when I requested copies of all documentation I noticed discrepancies on the lease agreement. The dates of moveout are wrong. We had an 11 month lease and the dates listed are from 070703 to 090604. And then they sent me a second lease renewal agreement that I am not aware of. My signature is forged on the document. When I contacted the corporate offices and told them the situation they are denying that it is forged. I explained how it is also impossible because during that time I was living in Maryland , just bought a house and was attending grad school at JHU in baltimore maryland. All of the documents also have a lot of crossing out and numbers changed. So my question is whether I have a case and if my argument is valid.

seniorjudge

youngsheena said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I lived in an apartment in Atlanta while attending school. The apartment requires a 60-day notice before moving out. The apartment complex misplaced the notice and when I requested copies of all documentation I noticed discrepancies on the lease agreement. The dates of moveout are wrong. We had an 11 month lease and the dates listed are from 070703 to 090604. And then they sent me a second lease renewal agreement that I am not aware of. My signature is forged on the document. When I contacted the corporate offices and told them the situation they are denying that it is forged. I explained how it is also impossible because during that time I was living in Maryland , just bought a house and was attending grad school at JHU in baltimore maryland. All of the documents also have a lot of crossing out and numbers changed. So my question is whether I have a case and if my argument is valid.

A case for what?

youngsheena

Is the lease binding if it has an incorrect moveout date? Also, how can I prove that I didn't sign the second renewal agreement?

seniorjudge

Q: Is the lease binding if it has an incorrect moveout date?

A: I doubt that this has anything to do with the validity of the lease.

Q: Also, how can I prove that I didn't sign the second renewal agreement?

A: When you are in court, testify under oath that the signature is not yours and ask the judge if you can sign your name on a piece of paper so he can compare it to the signature on the lease.

acmb05

What exactly do you want a case for. The lease expired almost a year and a half ago you were legally on a month to month lease which means you had to give them 60 days notice to move. If you do not have proof you gave them notice then I'm afraid you owe them for the two onths. That is if they are even sueing you for it which you dont mention.`

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">