• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault by attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blue Dog

What is the name of your state?
Missouri.
I had an 1st time experience the other day. My attorney, for no good reason (and you'll have to take my word on that for now), went postal on me and my son screaming profanity, curses and bodily harm threats at me, throwing (not tossing or pitching) paper in my face multiple times and shoving me out the door. I was speechless.

As a pacifist, I normally endure these kind of things. But I'm getting old enough that I am tired of some of this kind of stuff and I want the sob to pay for his fit. Financially. Never mind the bar(I think?)I am disabled and he is an attorney for a non-profit(legal aid).
Whattya think?

stephenk

"for no good reason"

Then for what reason? what were you and he disagreeing about when he went "postal"?

Blue Dog

Weren't disagreeing about anything. He asked for some Dr.'s names which I gave him. I didn't open my mouth but once the whole hour we were in there, as he told me to keep my mouth shut and not speak to him unless he told me to. Out of the blue. I think he's lost it. Maybe dangerous to other clients/people. Known him for 15 years. Never seen him act like this. Maybe age-related. He's long in the tooth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">