What is the name of your state? Texas
I have an attorney who filed a child support judgment lien on my behalf. However, since day 1 he has not contacted me:
* about the judgment lien process
* never sent me any documentation with updates on the lien.
* never informed me of any of his fees
* took it upon himself to release the lien on the other parties property without any notification or approval from me, which caused me not to be able to collect $5,000.00 from the sale of the property.
* I contacted him on November 19th to express my displeasure with his services and demanded he send me all the documentation regarding my case. He said: "consider it in the mail". As of today 11/29, I have yet to receive anything.
I went through a Child Support Enforcement Agency and they sent my judgement lien request to him. I contacted the Child Support Agency and they said once it is passed to him, they are no longer involved with the lien and how the attorney handles the lien process. It's up to me to take matters into my own hands.
I plan to send him a letter of termination and CC: The Texas State Bar and the National Child Support Association he is a member of.
Once I terminate, do I still have to pay for his services when I have no clue what they are? What if he throws out some ridiculous fee amount just because I am terminating his services? Am I required to pay? Doesn't he have to notify me from the beginning what his fees will be for terminating? Thanx