• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney conflict of interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

areeser

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My ex whom I now have a protective order on refered me to his attorney that helped him bead a murder & melestation case & custady case to get his daughter from the mother of the murder vitim(his wife) & daughter was molest victim. My attorney was paid 2,000 a year ago to help me get visitation & then custady of my daughter. Court has been posponed & continued for a year. My 2,000 detainer is gone & he want 500 more & I havent even got to see my daughter! I have not harmed her. I went to prison for 18 mos & I have been out for 18 mos & have seen her 3 times. Not since i have hired attorney though & my ex says he is gonna turn attorney against me(in an email) Said attorney would love to see him on the other side of the courtroom. Is this conflict of interest or malpractice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My ex whom I now have a protective order on refered me to his attorney that helped him bead a murder & melestation case & custady case to get his daughter from the mother of the murder vitim(his wife) & daughter was molest victim. My attorney was paid 2,000 a year ago to help me get visitation & then custady of my daughter. Court has been posponed & continued for a year. My 2,000 detainer is gone & he want 500 more & I havent even got to see my daughter! I have not harmed her. I went to prison for 18 mos & I have been out for 18 mos & have seen her 3 times. Not since i have hired attorney though & my ex says he is gonna turn attorney against me(in an email) Said attorney would love to see him on the other side of the courtroom. Is this conflict of interest or malpractice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Don't listen to your ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">