• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney did nothing and he's keeping my money...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sogwap

Did you read the part about how the Parent paid the Lawyer for his services in getting his Son out of jail? In my opinion, the parent has just as much a right to hear about the Son's case as the Son does. I don't think the Son needs to give written permission since the Parent paid for the Lawyer's services. I am puzzled like you, that the Parent didn't post bond, so the Son could get out.
The "parent" did post bond. The "son" was picked up for late curfew and bond was revoked. They are very hard here. AND the parent can talk to the attorney. Don't know where anyone got that from. His attorney talks to me now....I PAID for him. Besides why wouldn't the "son" give permission if that were the case?

B

Blutodidit

The "parent" did post bond. The "son" was picked up for late curfew and bond was revoked. They are very hard here. AND the parent can talk to the attorney. Don't know where anyone got that from. His attorney talks to me now....I PAID for him. Besides why wouldn't the "son" give permission if that were the case?[/QUOTE

From what I researched, even a Parent has to have a Son's permission to access what is discussed between the Lawyer and the Son, so what Quincy and Debtcollector have posted is true, regarding a Parents right or lack thereof to such privileged content. However, in circumstances like yours, where YOU paid for the Lawyer, it ALMOST goes without saying, that it is most likely you would be in on every bit of information as discussed between your Son and the Lawyer. Are there cases where a Son refuses to allow his Parents access to such information? I'm sure there are, but based on what you said in your posts, it seemed more likely that YOU would be able to access this case information due to your Son's willful acceptance.

Ladyback1

The "parent" did post bond. The "son" was picked up for late curfew and bond was revoked. They are very hard here. AND the parent can talk to the attorney. Don't know where anyone got that from. His attorney talks to me now....I PAID for him. Besides why wouldn't the "son" give permission if that were the case?
You, sir, are incorrect.
Even juveniles have the right to say "NO" when asked by an attorney (regardless of who is paying for the attorney) if information can be shared with a parent or whoever is paying the bills!

You are just wrong (and hateful):mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">