• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lafntiger

What is the name of your state? California

My wife and I got a divorce. I tried to complete it on my own. I did not. It became contested and she hired an attorney. I had filed 98% of the lengthy forms. Her attorney made 4 court appearnces and filled out 2 income and expense reports as well as a response. My wife advised she only spoke to her an hour in total and most of it was on the phone. The attorney also completed a judgement and filed it in the court. All of the court appearences wxcept one were less than 30 minutes in totality, they were continued at calender call.
Now that we are divorce, my ex and I are gettting along. She advised that her legal bills came to over 10K. I asked her what she was charged for, There are a lot of non descript charges and she was charged for multiple hours for filling out an income and expense report which I know takes about 15-20 minutes for a layman. These fees seem way out of line.
Any thoughts on how much an appearence should cost?
How much do attorneys charge for filling out simple forms?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">