• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blustful82

District of Columbia:confused:
I know an attorney who practices in the state of Maryland(living in the District of Columbia) that is committing tax fraud. They are receiving discount benefits that they do not qualify for due to age. So they get these benefits in the name of a deceased relative. They have been doing this for now the past ten years. They've only been an attorney for about 3. What could happen if this is exposed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Last edited:

Dandy Don

What kind of tax fraud are you referring to? Federal income tax, state tax? What kind of benefits are being received fraudulently? Social Security? Report it to the Social Security Office in your area so that the person can be investigated and prosecuted and find out if there is a reward or not for whistleblowers.

Hot Topic

If you're so concerned about the alleged fraud, why has it taken you so long to seek justice?

I smell a grudge.

Blustful82

If you're so concerned about the alleged fraud, why has it taken you so long to seek justice?

I smell a grudge.
No, not a grudge.. This person has young children and that could have a needless to say massive impact on multiple lives. Just to pay half price property taxes... I find it lazy and stupid. And I was just asking is it as bad as I think it is. Or, is it one of those slap on the wrist kind of issues?

Blustful82

What kind of tax fraud are you referring to? Federal income tax, state tax? What kind of benefits are being received fraudulently? Social Security? Report it to the Social Security Office in your area so that the person can be investigated and prosecuted and find out if there is a reward or not for whistleblowers.
Property tax..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">