• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Intentionally lied to police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwhyt323

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

If a defendants attorney intentionally lied to police are there consequences for obstruction of justice that are different from a regular joe?

Proserpina

If a defendants attorney intentionally lied to police are there consequences for obstruction of justice that are different from a regular joe?

You're asking questions in a vacuum.

So lay out your version of the story, and go from there.

quincy

Yes. The defendant's attorney jeopardizes his professional license.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So, is this another hypothetical?

(Post Hx)

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/out-state-residents-civil-court-615659.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/can-i-have-larceny-warrant-issued-after-stolen-property-has-been-returned-615648.html

quincy

So, is this another hypothetical?

(Post Hx)

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/out-state-residents-civil-court-615659.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/can-i-have-larceny-warrant-issued-after-stolen-property-has-been-returned-615648.html
I thought the user name seemed familiar. :)

jwhyt323

Not a hypothetical!

You guys are too much. Not hypothetical and I was just rewording that other question hypothetically to try and clarify. I always feel like I ask pretty clear questions and am beginning to think some of you are what they refer to as "trolls". I'm just going to have to go to law school.

I am a plaintiff, and have discovered the defendants attorney told a detective a lie regarding when the defendant contacted the attorney. The attorney gave this information to the police to make it seem as if the defendant was acting under the direction of the attorney when they were not.

Can the attorney get in trouble for this?

Proserpina

You guys are too much. Not hypothetical and I was just rewording that other question hypothetically to try and clarify. I always feel like I ask pretty clear questions and am beginning to think some of you are what they refer to as "trolls". I'm just going to have to go to law school.

I am a plaintiff, and have discovered the defendants attorney told a detective a lie regarding when the defendant contacted the attorney. The attorney gave this information to the police to make it seem as if the defendant was acting under the direction of the attorney when they were not.

The only correct answer is "yes, an attorney can get into trouble for misbehaving".

Feel free to attend law school or hire an attorney yourself, whichever you prefer.

quincy

You asked a clear question and I answered the question for you clearly ("Yes, the defendant's attorney jeopardizes his professional license"). That is a consequence that is "different from a regular joe."

What about that didn't you understand?

jwhyt323

You asked a clear question and I answered the question for you clearly ("Yes, the defendant's attorney jeopardizes his professional license"). That is a consequence that is "different from a regular joe."

What about that didn't you understand?
I was doing that for Proserpina.

Thanks for the help!

quincy

I was doing that for Proserpina.

Thanks for the help!
Ah. Well, Proserpina had a good point.

When questions are posted to this forum and the poster's questions are related to each other, it is best for the poster to keep all of the questions in a single thread. Background information, of the sort Zigner provided, helps us. It can be hard to answer a legal question without understanding the context. Facts matter in law. The simple addition of a single fact can significantly change the legal answer.

At any rate, I am glad you understood my answer. And, as a note, no one in your thread is a "troll." The long-time members of this forum are not exactly shy about pointing out trolls when they insert themselves into threads. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">