• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Neglect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sybo32

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I recently filed for bankruptcy and received a discharge. Unfortunately, my attorney nor her staff kept in contact with me or my communications with them (via fax or telephone) and I'm afraid that some of my creditors may NOT have been listed in the schedule. I have sent TONS of letters and made numerous phone calls to my attorney, but have been blocked by the paralegal who answers her phone and CONTINUOUSLY offers bad legal advice (i.e., I'm being brushed off by her limited view of how to resolve issues that even I, a client, knows is incorrect).

When the court sent the discharge letter, there was a statement indicating that some of the listed creditors were not notified of the bankruptcy. Interestingly enough, my attorney DID NOT send me this notification with the copy THEY received. I don't believe adequate attention was given to my case and am not sure how to proceed. I have also made my attorney aware of my displeasure in her services as well as the level of communication received by her office. Is there anything I can do? I feel that I should report her to the ABA or something. I'm really disheartened because I feel as though I've more than done the job that her staff should have done.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">