• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney requested release from case what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hopelessinla

California,
Want to oppose but just found out it's within the 9 days required for written opposition, is there anything I can do? He states different strategies, I state I have no strategy just want out and want my assets protected as well as my rights. Ex hid $10k we found out and disclosed nothing during discovery to the point I couldn't even file taxes until about a week ago.
And am not looking for anything more than 50\50 split in divorce yet it's been 0ver 11 months, I am paying all joint debt including ex's cell phone still, and am soon going to find myself in foreclosure. Attorney's motion to be released scheduled 11/2 then one week later trial conference setting, what do I do? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Dandy Don

What form is the $10K in--where did it come from and what does it consist of and where is it and how did you find out about it?

hopelessinla

Was money from overtime pay and holiday pay and possibly benefits

California. Ex was a police officer found guilty of domestic violence and sexual misconduct by his board of rights hearing and was recommended for termination. Before that could happen he terminated, so the $10k was from overtime, and banked time from his employer that was paid out to him not long after I filed for divorce. It was found by my attorney who had to subpoena records from his employer for discovery documents ordered and was trying to do a joinder on the pension. His employer provided the information. Obviously after the fact, but I am curious why a judge would allow an attorney to quit one week before a trial setting conference? And can anyone tell me if it's possible to move a case after a trial date is set if not getting treated fairly? It was transferred in the beginning by my ex as a stall tactic, but am now representing myself and want this moved away from who I believe is a very biased judge?
Thanks very much.

rmet4nzkx

In what county did this occur?
Is the judge a judge or a commissioner?
Have you contactd the local Bar Association?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">