• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the attorney saying the truth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1Kumiko

California.

I have a bad feeling about the lawyer handling my mother’s car accident injury case, & I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

The driver of the other car was determined 100% liable for the accident. My mother visited the E.R. right after the accident & received chiropractic care for 2 months. Medical bills totaled $2,390.

Initial accords: attorney’s fees = 33.3%, & he was to receive payment directly from insurance & distribute it.

My mother’s vehicle was deemed total loss, & received offer directly from the insurance. Now, she receives the papers to settle her case for $1,000 “right to your pocket” for compensation for her injuries.

I was shocked, because for security I previously consulted an online claim calculator (autoaccidentclaims.com) & it valued her claim b/w $4,800- $9,000 (not including the vehicle loss). The firm is not specifying how much they received from the insurance, & when my mother called for an explanation, they were a little hostile saying that's all the insurance offered & if she doesn’t agree, she should go to court (without their representation).

Does this amount sound plausible?
Is there a way to know how much the other insurance sent as compensation?
The sum compared to other cases is ridiculous, & the fact that the firm representing her once had its license suspended by the board for several complains is making me doubt.

Kind regards,
Patty:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">