• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadkinz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
What are my options when I had a terrible lawyer that failed to represent me properly? I was on summary probation, only having 6 months left, when I got arrested, but I AM INNOCENT, but still the judge revoked my probation. Can I get a mistrial of sorts?

Proserpina

What are my options when I had a terrible lawyer that failed to represent me properly? I was on summary probation, only having 6 months left, when I got arrested, but I AM INNOCENT, but still the judge revoked my probation. Can I get a mistrial of sorts?

Why do you believe the attorney failed to represent you adequately?

(Post hx, folks)

sandyclaus

What makes you think you did not receive adequate representation?

You were on summary probation. Anything that violates your probation instructions and requirements can result in that probation being revoked and your remaining sentence reinstated.

You claim you were innocent, but apparently the judge decided otherwise. I think that if there were actual proof of your innocence (as opposed to evidence of your guilt), the outcome would have been much different.

An attorney can only do so much with what he has to work with. I've read your posting history, and I have to say that your background leaves little proof of innocence, and a lot of potential for guilt.

sadkinz

More than meets the eye

I think you would be surprised to know me, because I am not a hardened criminal. As a matter of fact, I am a certified teacher, and very good at it, unfortunately I am not able to put this to actio; a nurturing, caring mom; a good wife and friend. I am sure you would even like me!! I do, however, have a little thing called bi-polar depression, and when not properly handled, it handles me. This is what happened years ago, and I know I did wrong, and paid my debt to society. This new nightmare is bigger than me and my husband, and they needed a scap-goat! The small town I live in is corrupt, and being investigated for this. Honestly, I am innocent of this situation that is spiraling out of control.

The reason I say the lawyer was not efficient is because she could have filed a Pitchess Motion to suppress the arresting officers testimony because he is known "dirty"; he does not even work here anymore due to his unethical ways. The judge did not know this--I was coerced; the interrogation tape would prove this, but, they, for some reason, have not produced! I also have a court appointed physch doc that can't believe I am still fighting this!

Something is wrong. and I am the victim!!!

Thank you all for your comments and time!

dmcc10880

I think you would be surprised to know me, because I am not a hardened criminal. As a matter of fact, I am a certified teacher, and very good at it, unfortunately I am not able to put this to actio; a nurturing, caring mom; a good wife and friend. I am sure you would even like me!! I do, however, have a little thing called bi-polar depression, and when not properly handled, it handles me. This is what happened years ago, and I know I did wrong, and paid my debt to society. This new nightmare is bigger than me and my husband, and they needed a scap-goat! The small town I live in is corrupt, and being investigated for this. Honestly, I am innocent of this situation that is spiraling out of control.

The reason I say the lawyer was not efficient is because she could have filed a Pitchess Motion to suppress the arresting officers testimony because he is known "dirty"; he does not even work here anymore due to his unethical ways. The judge did not know this--I was coerced; the interrogation tape would prove this, but, they, for some reason, have not produced! I also have a court appointed physch doc that can't believe I am still fighting this!

Doesn't seem like the lawyer did anything wrong. You were on probation, you were arrested while on probation and the judge's decision was basically true to protocol and your probation was revoked. Your main consideration now would be to settle the new case and if not guilty have probation re-instated retroactive to the date of revocation.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I think you would be surprised to know me, because I am not a hardened criminal.
You are a criminal, however, because you were convicted of a crime and placed on probation.

As a matter of fact, I am a certified teacher, and very good at it, unfortunately I am not able to put this to actio; a nurturing, caring mom; a good wife and friend.
Schools normally do not want to employ criminals.

I am sure you would even like me!!
Not if you are always making excuses and living in la la land.

I do, however, have a little thing called bi-polar depression, and when not properly handled, it handles me.
And why weren't you properly handling it? Go off your meds? Bipolar is an excuse quite frankly for committing a crime.

This is what happened years ago, and I know I did wrong, and paid my debt to society. This new nightmare is bigger than me and my husband, and they needed a scap-goat! The small town I live in is corrupt, and being investigated for this. Honestly, I am innocent of this situation that is spiraling out of control.
No you are not innocent.

You committed a crime and were placed on probation. You then had a run in with a police officer and were charged with more crimes.

Actually, you are not.

You are welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">