• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy Lawyer isn't moving forward...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChefV

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

After a check to confirm this gentleman was licensed in PA, I've hired a bankruptcy attorney (paid him in full) and sent him all my information he asked for as well as took the class he told me to take as required by the new bankruptcy laws.

Long story short, he told me twice that he would be following up with me to take the next step and both times he never called or did anything to move forward. I called the first time and he apologized saying that he has been busy and that he would send me papers to sign in two days. Needless to say I received no papers to sign and now he is not answering the phone or any emails. I paid this guy $1,300 and told all of my creditors he was my attorney, but it seems like everything has stopped and he has dropped off the face of the planet.

I don't know what to do and I'm afraid it is only a matter of time before things start coming back on me via my creditors. I'm praying someone can tell me what I can do to get out of this mess, or what I can do to end this nightmare...:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">