• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Becoming a Lawyer in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

writingrights

I live in Pennsylvania. Let's just make that clear now. I'm interested in law, as is my mother. My mother is very intelligent, frank, and, well, good at knowing and understanding the law, especially in cases dealing with real estate, travel, and education.

I have some questions for anyone who knows anything about taking the PA Bar exam and becoming a 'real' lawyer.

Do you have to study law/go to law school/get a pre-law degree or anything like that before you can take the PA Bar?

How does one go about registering for the PA Bar?

My school had a lawyer come in as a speaker once, and he told my class that he received--from the PA Bar Association--a 6 month, day-by-day plan of what to study and when in preparation for the Bar exam. Is that, uh, true?

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">