• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this behavior Ethical?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

If you believe the GAL is in violation of a court order, go through the steps and motion for contempt and ask for removal as one of the sanctions. Since you will not get anywhere except through the court, you might as well get it going now.

Isidro Calvery

If you believe the GAL is in violation of a court order, go through the steps and motion for contempt and ask for removal as one of the sanctions. Since you will not get anywhere except through the court, you might as well get it going now.
Thank you. I didn't know if I could file contempt of court or obstruction of both the relocation and court order.

Also are lawyers required to file on other lawyers if they are being unethical?

My previous lawyer stated that the GAL has no clue of whats going on and also that the GAL is on the "fence of being unethical"

Last edited:

tranquility

It is not obstruction, it is contempt. He is failing to follow the court's order. If he is being unethical or not is not that important to you. While egregious facts that would lead a judge to consider the GAL to be unethical would give grounds to have him removed, there is no need to define it now. I would use an attorney for the motion. There are some steps you might have to take to make sure you win. But, if you win on a contempt of court motion, attorney fees are often awarded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">