• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

S

seniorjudge

Cobravenom said:
How long after being sued do you go to court?
Q: How long after being sued do you go to court?

A: It should tell you on the summons when you have to be in court.

Cobravenom

seniorjudge said:
Q: How long after being sued do you go to court?

A: It should tell you on the summons when you have to be in court.
I'm not being sued,I was just wondering how long it takes before a particular person goes to court.

Cobravenom

Doesn't anyone have an answer to my question? I am curious how long does it take for someone to go to court after being summoned,I'm not being sued though just curious. :confused:

S

seniorjudge

Cobravenom said:
Doesn't anyone have an answer to my question? I am curious how long does it take for someone to go to court after being summoned,I'm not being sued though just curious. :confused:
No one can answer that. There are just too many variables.

Cobravenom

seniorjudge said:
No one can answer that. There are just too many variables.
Well ok. If I gave you an example would you know then? Say a doctor is being sued for malpractice. How would it take to go to court then?

S

seniorjudge

Cobravenom said:
Well ok. If I gave you an example would you know then? Say a doctor is being sued for malpractice. How would it take to go to court then?
No one can answer your question. You will not give facts.

Okay, so go down to the courthouse and look in the file. It's public info.

Maybe that will tell you.

Maybe not.

No one on this forum can possibly answer your questions.

badapple40

If you asked, in Hamilton County, Ohio, in Judge Norbert Nadel's courtroom, how long it typically takes for a medical malpractice action to go to trial, I could give you a ballpark of 2-3 years after filing of the complaint -- assuming no one 41(a) dismisses the case, it is not tossed out in a motion to dismiss or motion for summary judgment (it wouldn't be in Judge Nadel's court, as he is so afraid of being reversed on appeal for a summary judgment that he denies all such motions), or the case does not settle.

You have not told us where the action was filed, including what court, federal or state, what the facts of the case are, what judge was assigned, or any other pertinent information. As such, there is no way to possibly answer your question.

S

seniorjudge

badapple40 said:
... as he is so afraid of being reversed on appeal for a summary judgment that he denies all such motions)....
Sounds like a smart judge to me.

Besides, summary judgments are no fun for a court of appeals, whose job is, after all, to come onto the battlefield and shoot the wounded.

Cobravenom

seniorjudge said:
No one can answer your question. You will not give facts.

Okay, so go down to the courthouse and look in the file. It's public info.

Maybe that will tell you.

Maybe not.

No one on this forum can possibly answer your questions.
I don't have facts.I'm not being sued nor is this case in court.I am just asking this question out of the blue.I just want to know how long a doctor malpractice suit takes to go to court after being summoned?

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

Cobravenom said:
I don't have facts.I'm being sued nor is this case in court.I am just asking this question out of the blue.I just want to know how long a doctor malpractice suit takes to go to court after being summoned?
The minimum is thirty days.

There is no maximum.

S

seniorjudge

Cobravenom said:
Wait a minute. You just said in your last post,the minimum is 30 days,now you're saying the minimum never happens. Which is it?
You are correct: the minimum is 30 days and the minimum never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">